The moment you accidentally sit on your glasses or damage a lens is not the time to discover your eyewear isn’t covered by your home and contents insurance policy, or that a claim will impact your no-claims bonus. Our Eyewear Protection Plan offers you cover against accidental damage or theft* of your prescription glasses for 12 or 24 months.
Eyewear Protection Plan
CHANGES TO OUR EYEWEAR PROTECTION PLAN (EPP)
- The Federal Government has made some changes on how insurance is sold in Australia. Since the 5th October 2021 an insurance product cannot be bought at the same time as the item it covers. This applies to the EPP.
- There must be at least 4 days between buying the item you wish to insure and buying the insurance to cover it. This is called the 'deferral period'.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN CHANGES IMPACTING THE EPP?
- Customers must wait at least 4 days between ordering their glasses and buying EPP
- Customers must receive a Customer Information Document (C.I.D.) explaining their rights at least 4 days before they can buy EPP.
- At present, our customers can only buy EPP online from Virginia Surety Company, Inc. (ARBN 080 339 957; AFSL 245579) at www.eyewearprotect.com.au.
- After the customer has collected their finished glasses, and 4 days have passed since they were sent the CID, they will be sent details of how to buy EPP.
- The process to make a claim on EPP hasn’t changed.
WHAT DOES THE PLAN COVER*
The Eyewear Protection Plan can be purchased with each complete pair of prescription glasses and covers the cost of repair or replacement, if the following happens during the period of cover:
- Accidental damage to frames or lenses
- Theft of glasses
The Eyewear Protection Plan offers the same level of cover for 12 months or 24 months and commences from the date the prescription glasses are collected from the store.
There are some exclusions* like cosmetic damage or losing your prescription glasses not being covered.
- No limit to the number of claims you can make during your period of coverage
- Covered for repair and replacement across Australia
- Our friendly customer service professionals can help you with all claims, enquiries and policy information
For $39.95, you will receive 12 months protection of your prescription glasses (frame or lenses).
For $69.95, you will receive 24 months protection of your prescription glasses (frame or lenses). Excess of $40 applies to each claim.
We offer a fourteen (14) day cooling off period* - You may cancel this Policy and receive a full refund of the premium paid, provided no claims have been lodged.
REQUIRE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? To find out more about protecting your glasses please ask in store, call our Customer Service team on 1300 133 234
*Terms & Conditions apply. For detailed information about the Eyewear Protection Plan’s features, benefits, exclusions, cooling-off period, how to make a claim, lodge a complaint and cancellation terms, you must refer to the relevant combined Financial Services Guide (FSG) and Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) available here. To understand if EPP is suitable for your needs please refer to the Target Market Determination (TMD) here. If you purchased your Eyewear Protection between 1st October 2020 and 5th October 2021 the relevant PDS can be found here. If you purchased your Eyewear Protection prior to 1st October 2020 the relevant PDS can be found here. You must read the relevant FSG & PDS carefully to ensure this product meets your needs and requirements before making any decision to apply for, buy or continue to hold this product. The information in this document is of a general nature. It does not take your specific needs or circumstances into consideration, so you should look at your own financial position, objectives and requirements and seek financial advice before making any financial decisions. The Eyewear Protection Plan Insurance Policy is underwritten and issued by Virginia Surety Company, Inc. (ARBN 080 339 957; AFSL 245579) (VSC). The Warranty Group Australasia Pty Ltd (The Warranty Group) (ABN 37 005 004 446) performs claims and administrative Policy functions on behalf of VSC. Both VSC and TWG are a part of Assurant, Inc.