We look at your lenses differently
Everyone’s eyes are different. That’s why the lenses for your glasses should be tailored to your individual needs, and not just your prescription. At OPSM we’ll ask about your lifestyle, test your eyes thoroughly, discuss your options and help you find the very best solution for your prescription lenses. You can read about the different types of lenses we offer here.
Spectacle lens types and materials
- Single Vision lenses
- Set for one viewing distance only, which may be near, intermediate or distance.
- Progressive lenses
- These have three main zones for distance, intermediate and reading, so users can enjoy the convenience of not having to take their glasses on and off and can view all distances in one lens.
- Bifocal lenses
- Bifocals are sectioned into two distinct parts, which give the user clear distance and near (generally), with no transition or correction in between.
- Active lenses
Much thinner and lighter than ordinary plastic lenses, these have ten times more impact resistance than standard lenses and screen out 99.9% of the sun’s harmful UV rays. Recommended for children and safety glasses, or those who are a little tougher on their glasses.
- High Index lenses
Ideal for strong prescriptions but without the bulk of the thickness, feature an anti-reflective coating and provide 99.9% UV protection.
- Plastic lenses
- Our standard lenses that can be given an anti-reflective coating to screen out the sun’s harmful rays.
- Digitally surfaced lenses
- These provide the wearer with better viewing at every point on their lens surface, resulting in a wider field of view, due to the highly innovative point-to-point technique used in their crafting. The lenses we have in our range are: ClearEdge, Panorama Elite Plus, Panorama Altitude, Panorama Imperium, RayBan RoX+ and Oakley True Digital.
- Transitions® Signature™ lenses
- These provide a superior visual experience by being more reactive to varying outdoor light conditions*. They are more responsive to outdoor light and that means they get darker when you’re facing away from the sun, in reflected light and at different times of day, and block 100% of UV rays. When you go inside, they quickly become fully clear like a regular lens.
- Invisibles UV
- An innovative anti-reflective coating that reduces reflections by up to 80% by reducing UV rays passing through the surfaces of the lens but also reflecting off the back surface of your lens, leaving your eyes protected. It also resists dirt, water and smudges for all-round clearer vision.
- Blue light lenses
- With a technical name of ‘Crizal Prevencia’, this coating helps reduce harmful blue light emitted by the electronic devices we use day to day. Over time, blue light can have an impact on the retina and has been associated with age-related Macular Degeneration^. Continuous use of digital devices can lead to a variety of eye strain symptoms such as tired or dry eyes, blurred vision, headaches as well as back, neck or shoulder pain. The Crizal Prevencia coating, through its blue-light filtering increases visual comfort for the wearer.
- Invisibles Ultra
- A special lens coating that resists dirt, water and smudges, it reduces reflection by up to 80% and repels water droplets for all-round better vision.
- Available in a variety of colours to match your personal style or to enhance sight for specific activities with lenses fully tinted, graduated or given a mirror coating.
- Polished edges
- Make the edges of your lenses appear clearer, thinner and less visible.
- Transitions® lenses
- They are photochromatic*, adjusting smoothly to different levels of ultraviolet to be clear indoors but dark outside when it’s bright. They provide glare reduction and UV protection in any light and are an excellent choice for everyday use (though they generally don’t change to be as dark as sunglasses). The Transitions lenses we have in our range are: Transitions® Signature™, Transitions® XTRActive®, Xperio® Transitions®, Transitions® DriveWear, and Transitions® Vantage™.
- Extended Focus Reader
- Ideal for users of technology such as computers, tablets and smart phones who need both near focus (for screen work) and intermediate focus (for distances of one to three metres).
- Anti-Fatigue HD
- These single-vision lenses that can help relieve visual fatigue symptoms such as eyes that sting and feel tight, headaches, eyestrain and blurred vision while engaging in near range tasks. Comes standard with Crizal Prevencia (harmful blue light blocking Anti-reflective coating) can help reduce the symptoms of digital device usage caused by harmful blue light emissions.
- Office All-Rounder
- The Office All-Rounder has been designed with the needs of computer users in mind for the office environment. With a larger intermediate vision zone, this lens is best suited to those people needing an extended intermediate lens to use on digital devices up to 2m and has a small distance area to see projector screens or use their glasses walking around the office. This lens is not suitable for driving.
Better fit, better vision
OPSM offers you a free, precision fitting service to ensure your lenses sit properly on your face for better vision, and the look you’re happy with.See Accufit™
Our huge range of designer eyewear means you’ll be able to select a style to suit you and leave your OPSM store looking sensational.
Transitions and the swirl are registered trademarks and Transitions Signature and Chromea7™ are trademarks of Transitions Optical, Inc. ©2014
*Photochromic performance is influenced by temperature, UV exposure and lens material.